Sunday, February 28, 2016

The first post!

Hey ya'll. Welcome to the first post to our new family blog :)

I am super excited to actually be at a place in life where I can start blogging again on a routine basis. I really enjoyed the last blog that I had, but life kind of swept me up and kept me from continuing in the habit. This time though, the Bee Keeper and I have decided that it would be good for our family to blog about our life with five in the hive.



We are a fun-loving, nomad-like family that's hoping to find our permanent home in the next few years. We've been traveling around for all of our marriage, and while it's been a blast, we are certainly ready to hang this hive in a tree with well grounded roots.

First and foremost, I am a girl after God's own heart. There is nothing greater in life than knowing the love of Christ and what he has done for me.  I certainly couldn't make it through some of the toughest days without Him. My prayer is that you will feel a little bit (hopefully a whole lot) of that love while reading my posts because He is the True Author of this story :)

I am a stay at home mom and have been since I got pregnant with Busy Bee in 2008. It has been a journey for sure. I have both a bachelors degree in Religion and a masters degree in Elementary Education from Liberty University. In our home, we believe that education is best served under our roof. Yeah, we're that kind of family. We tried public school for both Busy Bee and Bumble Bee but found that they learn best when they can do it on their own time and in their own setting. So, that's one of the things you'll probably notice most on this blog. We'll be posting ALOT about our homeschool days. From 1st grade right down to little Honey Bee on my lap, you'll get a piece of the joy we find in the everyday blessings of passing the days together as a family.

I also enjoy freezer meal cooking and use my crockpot almost daily. It's just the easiest way for me to make sure dinner is done on time. I love to try new recipes that I find while blog hopping, so I'll probably be sharing some of the new favorites with you as well.


So, I'm glad that you've decided to start following us as we share all about life with five in the hive...

In Christ,
Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment